NEWCASTLETON RESILIENCE GROUP: CORONAVIRUS 19
COVID-19 affects your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a virus called coronavirus. Stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms:
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back.
- a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly.
- do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
- you do not need to contact 111 to tell them you’re staying at home. Testing for coronavirus is not needed if you’re staying at home.
HOW LONG TO STAY AT HOME
- if you have symptoms, stay at home for 7 days.
- if you live with other people, they should stay at home for 14 days from the day the first person got symptoms.
- If you live with someone who is 70 or over, has a long-term condition, is pregnant or has a weakened immune system, try to find somewhere else for them to stay for 14 days. If you have to stay at home together, try to keep away from each other as much as possible.
URGENT ADVICE: Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home.
- your condition gets worse.
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days.
HOW TO AVOID CATCHING AND SPREADING CORONAVIRUS (SOCIAL DISTANCING)
Everyone should do what they can to stop coronavirus from spreading. It is particularly important to protect people who are 70 or over, or who have a long-term condition, or who are pregnant, or who have a weakened immune system.
DO ADOPT THE FOLLOWING GUIDANCE:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds.
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work.
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards.
- avoid close contact with people who have symptoms of coronavirus.
- only travel on public transport if you need to.
- work from home, if you can.
- avoid social activities, such as going to pubs, restaurants, theatres and cinemas.
- avoid events with large groups of people.
- use the phone, online services, or apps to contact your GP surgery or other NHS services.
DON’T touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
DON’T have visitors to your home, including friends and family.
MEDICATION DELIVERY WILL BE MANAGED BY THE HEALTH CENTRE
Several people do not have use of their mobile phones due to the current issues with the mast. We need to know who you are so we can keep an eye out for you if you need help. If you do not have any form of communication please let us know, you will be provided with a laminated poster coloured red/green:
Red = URGENT HELP REQUIRED, Green = NON-URGENT HELP REQUIRED
A network of volunteers from the Resilience Team will walk daily around the village. The Resilience Team are seeking ‘street buddies’ to look out for their streets and report back any concerns. Please contact Pauline or Nicol on 013873 75772 if you can offer to help and be a buddy for your street. Over the next few days, the team will work on ways we can all help each other to stay safe and continue to be in contact so none of us is left alone or feels too isolated.
LOCAL SHOPPING & SOCIALISING
If you cannot get about or are self-isolating, our wonderful village shops are here to help you but please to keep us all safe we ask everyone to keep to the recommended 2-metre distance from anyone you meet or when you go shopping. If someone comes to your door, please allow them to leave whatever the item is on your doorstep before you approach.
Spar/Costcutter/T Elliot (Butchers) /cafes and hotels will deliver to anyone who requests their service. Members of the public are asked to call directly to shops etc to place orders, pay and these will be delivered directly to your home (within Newcastleton or as arranged.) In the event of the shops/cafes and hotels have reduced level of staffing and are unable to deliver the resilience team will do their best to assist.
|T. Elliots (butcher)
|take orders directly over the phone||yes||yes||yes|
|take card payment over the phone||yes||yes||yes|
|accept orders on account||yes||yes||yes|
(min order value may apply)
|take orders directly over the phone||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|take card payment over the phone||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|accept orders on account||yes||yes||yes||yes|
Be safe everyone and please follow the advice that will be issued as the situation develops. We are all in this together, there will be challenges ahead but as ever, we will overcome. We will update you should there be significant changes to recommended guidelines.
Newcastleton Resilience Team issued 18th March @ 18:00